Sunday, November 30, 2008
St. Paul's Cathedral , Valletta
The Anglican Pro-Cathedral of St Paul is situated
in Independence Square Built in the neo-classical
style, the spire is a Valletta landmark, rising
to over 200 feet (60 metres).
Built on the spot where the Auberge d’Allemagne
(the conventual home of the German Knights
Hospitaller) had stood. Queen Adelaide
paid for the church and laid the foundation stone
on 20th March 1839.Queen Adelaide's Banner hangs
majestically above the choir stalls.
The Dedication of the Church to St Paul, the
Apostle to the Gentiles, was a reminder of the
first Christian missionary to Malta, when he was
shipwrecked on the Island in AD 59/60