Sunday, July 08, 2007

BBQs on the beach




Summer comes and Pretty bay in the evening is lit up with bbqs. It is a habit to go down to the beach and swim first at around 5pm, then after at around sunset everyone lights up the bbq's (for some it takes the whole evening!!). Something that really annoyed me yesterday was this family behind us having a bbq and when they finished instead of waiting (like most of us) to throw away the used charcoal in the provided bins all around the beach , they dug a hole and buried the charcoal!! Would you believe some people?!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nadine! We miss you! Looks like summer is in full swing in Malta - wish we could be there. Callum is walking almost on his own and is into everything! Hi to Andy and Isla from Baby Callum

Anonymous said...

Well some people think they are doing good when they bury their problems. It will then be somebody else's problem once they did it up. Not good.

My daughter, Melinda, has a picture she took on my blog. It is a stunning macro.
Brookville Daily Photo

Peter said...

BBQs on the beach! Is this something special for Malta? Or maybe I'm not a sufficiently frequent beach night visitor?

I like very much Abraham's remark!

(In a few days I will also take the direction of the Mediterranean, but not to Malta this time.)

Dina said...

Peter, where are you heading then?
I don't know if anywhere else bbqs are done on the beach but would imagine yes , like maybe australia, us and canada etc....

inspired said...

can almost smell the burgers from England ;o]

talj said...

Oh I do wish people wouldn't do things like that! It ruins things for other people! I would love to have a BBQ on the beach, what a lovely thing to do!

Hope you are having a nice weekend {{HUGS}} :o)

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to have our first summer BBQ. We have been having rainy weather so far. :( For sure, this summer, France won't have any water problem.

Wish people would be more considerate.

Wanda said...

I enjoyed your pictures, and liked the wisdom of Abraham Lincoln.

Martin Stickland said...

Yummy! I can almost smell the BBQ'd steak!

Have a good week!