Saturday, July 07, 2007

Trapped



This poor little fellow yesterday afternoon was trapped , for some reason he could not fly. I think he was hurt. It is interesting to see though that his mother kept trying to go down next to him and make him fly back up but he went down again. It is not easy capturing these creatures, I must say that Mr. Lincoln of Ohio does a very good job at waiting and capturing the right moments, I simply do not have that time. I must admit that it took me some time to get some more pictures of the injured sparrow and his family!!

Must add that this morning he is nowhere to be seen so he must have managed to fly bakc up again hurray!!

9 comments:

Peter said...

The poor little fellow really looks unhappy; hope then that today he is happy again!!

Could anybody possibly imagine that it would be possible to compete with Abraham on photos of birds and bees...? For me, your photo is certainly good enough!

lorenzothellama said...

Hope he managed to get away before a cat got him.
Only been to Malta once and I remember near where we were staying there was a place that we called 'kit village'. Someone had made a retreat for the stray cats and fed them every day. There were hoards of cats everywhere.
I agree that no-one takes photos quite like Mr Lincoln. Oh for the skill and patience he has!
Love Lorenzo.

Anonymous said...

I really hope he is reunited with his family and not fallen off.

inspired said...

sounds like his mother could have been encouraging the little one to fly so he may not have been injured. ;o]

inspired said...

sounds like his mother could have been encouraging the little one to fly so he may not have been injured. ;o]

Dick said...

I hope he will be free soon.

talj said...

Aww I am glad to hear that he managed to get away, I hope he has healed! Lovely shot :o)

Wanda said...

I think your picture is great...love the shadows you captured.

Glad to hear the bird is gone, and hopefully healthy.

NorthBayPhoto said...

Hope the little guy got to fly away after awhile and wasn't hurt.

(To answer your question in my North Bay Blog, the flags were at half-staff to honour our soldiers who were killed while serving in their peacekeeping machine in Afghanistan)