Sunday, July 15, 2007

Church of St. Catherine of Italy - Valletta , Malta

Since today is Sunday I decided to post a photo of a Church. The Church of St. Catherine of Italy. This Church was designed by the Maltese architect Girolomo Cassar in 1576 and was rebuilt in the seventeenth century. Why St. Catherine of Italy? well the order of St.John was divided into a lot of languages, one of them being Italian, so this church was used by the Italian speaking.




For all of you who yesterday tried to see the video clip (or not) I posted I have to once again say sorry as so far blogger is not uploading it for me! Maybe one day :)

7 comments:

RUTH said...

Beautiful architecture. Envious of the sun I see you have in your sidebar weather widget...pouring with rain here.

Anonymous said...

How nice it is. And the photo captured the details too. I like it.

Abraham Lincoln
The four hour flower

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful church. I like the angle it is being taken.

Lothiane said...

This is a nice building! Very beautiful details. :)

talj said...

What a beautiful church! Have a lovely Sunday :o)

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Yes I agree, on a Sunday 'one' has to show a photo of a church :).
What A beautiful churches they have there right? I love the colour of the stones , not to forget the archtecture.

JoAnn

Wanda said...

Churches in our country are just to modern...I love this picture. Good choice for Sunday..thanks!